If Comfort Sundays are all about you, how about a little bit of naughtiness does you good?
Below are some very simple puddings you can rustle up in a matter of minutes – to go with the pasta – or any other time!
- Spoon some greek yogurt into a small dish.Cover either with brown sugar or demerara sugar.
- Put in fridge for several hours.
- Serve on its own or with poached fruit.
- Crush some biscuits and put into small dish
- Beat some cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice to taste
- Put ontop of biscuits and leave in fridge to set
- Put some berries (fresh or frozen) into a small dish
- Make up half a jelly with ½ pint water (or leftover wine)
- Pour on top and leave to set.
- Take some tinned or rice pudding and fold in an egg yolk.
- Put into oven proof dish
- Make a meringue (whipped egg white with 2 oz sugar) and put ontop
- Bake in oven 180oC for about 10 mins till brown
- Break up some bought meringues and fold into whipped cream and berries
- Make a crumble mix – 2 oz butter rubbed into 4 oz plain flour. Add 2 oz sugar (also oats or nuts if you want some texture) Spread onto a baking tray and bake 180o for about 10 – 15 mins until golden. Allow to cool then break up and put in an airtight jar till wanted. Poach any kind of fruit in a saucepan or microwave and top with as little or much of the crumble mix as you want.