Firstly – I thought you might like to see my kitchen where all the recipes come from . . . .
Secondly, apologies for slight lateness – technology is great when it works -.but it wasn’t this morning! 2 courses for Sunday for the wait, though!
Salmon used to be considered only for the wealthy but it has now come down a lot in price – you can get it from all the supermarkets – and is really good for you.
Sweep this morning had for 2 fillets ( you can freeze one)
- Asda – £395 Aldi – £3.69 Morrisons – £4.00
- Sainsburys – £4.00 Waitrose £5.99
So, thought we would do something a little different for Comfort Sunday – and because it’s comfort Sunday, a little pudding in a mug!
Sicilian-style salmon with garlic mushrooms
- 100g salmon fillet, skin removed (you could go all Masterchef and pan fry the skin till crisp and use to decorate!)
- 1 lime juice only
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 teasp dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika salt and black pepper
- 100g button mushrooms, slice
- 100g broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Put the oven on at 180oC.
Put the salmon fillet on a lightly oiled baking tray and drizzle over the lime juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with the chilli flakes and paprika and season well. Bake for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and garlic and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the broccoli and cook till your liking. Stir in the parsley if using and serve immediately with the salmon.
Chocolate Orange Mug Cake
Did you know you can cook individual cakes in a mug in the microwave? Try this one as an indulgence for Sunday! And its all in spoonful measurements so you don’t even have to get the scales out! You will need a 1/2 pint mug.
- 1 small egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons marmalade
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 grams dark chocolate
Put the egg, oil, milk, zest and marmalade in the mug and whisk with a fork till fully combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
Microwave uncovered on full power for 1.5 minutes and leave to stand for 2 minutes.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream!